Monday 10 January 2011

Beginning to get frustrated!


So I am not 5 weeks post op and I am beginning to get a bit frustrated at not being able to run.
I have been going to the gym in the mornings and I see everyone doing cardio. I got asked to play 5-a-side football on Thursday, that is what I miss!

I am going swimming tonight, well I will be using my arms and walking, but at least it is exercise! I can't wait to be back running and in the gym properly, when you are not doing exercise there is always something missing from your life, well my life!

Going to see the surgeon a week on Thursday, I am hoping that I have the 70 degree bend that he wants. My friend here at work had his ACL done a week after me and he can already bend it to 100 degrees, it show how serious PCL and MCL surgery is!

not sure how long i have to keep the brace on, but is is beginning to get a little annoying having it on!

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you. I was also very frustrated at not being able to run or skate. But it will get better. With the pcl, it's boredom for a while because you can't risk stretching the graft, but then you can just take off. I'm only a couple weeks ahead of you, and I got to walk on the treadmill for the first time today. Therapy is becoming more fun. My brace comes off next week, which is 8 weeks post op. Hopefully yours will be around then too. At least your brace looks ventilated. Mine is a giant thing with foam all around, and the foam would rub my skin off. Couldn't wear it over pants cause it would slide down. Just hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am approaching 5 months post-op from my ACL/MCL surgery and the thought of running or any type of physical activity beyond a slow walk seems so far into the future. My problem is that I lost my extension while working on flexion and that's what is causing issues. I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete